12 October 2011

the follow up.

after such overwhelming feedback about the premiere of my sunday column in the philippine star, (i still can't believe i actually just typed those words. surreal.) i found myself extremely happy yet extremely pressured to come up with a good second article!

i want to make it clear that my column is not a showbiz column. its a lifestyle column and i want to focus on profiles and human interest stories of personalities from different fields. i may be working in the entertainment side of television, but as a person, my interests also include politics, social responsibility, sports, music, the arts, among others. besides, if i do showbiz, it won't be any different from the work i already do. :)

so for the follow up, i decided to go for a sports figure, and hands down, of all the names i pitched, my editor millet mananquil approved ateneo head coach, fresh from a four-peat, norman black.


thanks to his team manager paolo trillo and thanks to jc (who played under coach norman in ateneo) for surprising me by texting coach norman to please say yes to me, i found myself with my audio recorder, sitting for a one-on-one interview with him. i still feel so blessed because apparently, coach norman does not usually grant non-sports related interviews.

fast forward to sunday!!!!


to again be given a teaser to my article on the top of the masthead on the front page is beyond real!!!! and to be given the front page on the section my article is in! NAKAKALOKA.



blessed beyond words for the insanely generous layout given to me. INSANE!!!!

to read the article, 'ten things you should know about norman black', click here.

now, the pressure is times three to come up with a good enough third article! i just did my interview earlier today, and yet again, i was crazy nervous! my subject is someone i really look up to, and i really did my best to hopefully make a good impression on my subject! i hope you all end up liking what i write for this sunday.. and as a clue, my next subject is a pillar in the field of journalism. :)



to read my first article, 'ten things you should know about kris aquino', click here. :)

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Korina Sanchez?..;-) cant wait..

Anonymous said...

Dear Bianca,

I have been watching your career grow for the last few years via TFC and your blog. Now writing for the Philippine Star! You are amazing. You make the Philippines proud. I'm a big fan Alameda, CA! Keep it up!

thepurpleman said...

congratulations bianx!it was indeed a good read.

Kriss said...

Ms. Maria Ressa? :)

Mika said...

Maria Ressa? ;) Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

czha said...

I am always looking forward for your articles...

Ayesa Lubag said...

You've come this far. You've made the commitment and I know, something is telling you that it is in you to do it. Feel the passion. Always create. You're doing a good job, Bianca! God bless you. :)

diane said...

you deserve every feature in your article because you do feature your own works as possible as you can...is your article always be entitled "ten thing you should know about"?next article will be about maria ressa or korina sanchez?but i think they fall more on the field of broadcasting...

D Cruz said...

Noli de Castro?

Issa said...

Another nice article! Congrats Miss Bianca! :)

Peach Rios said...

I was able to read the article, good job bianca! And your boyfriend was so sweet nman to surprise you! lucky girl!:)

My Yellow Bells said...

congrats bianca, this is becoming more and more exciting

nyx said...

My guess of your third subject: Boy Abunda? Haha.

The way you get kilig even if you are already sikat is really awesome and inspiring! I believe that the reason why you achieve what you want with great perfection is because you are doing it with passion.. You'll really get far than where you are now, Ms. B! Keep up the good work!!

God Bless you more!! :D

Anonymous said...

Why not do a column about yourself? hehe A day in the life of... may be you or the people you want to do a column about. :)

Anonymous said...

,Maria Ressa??! Shocks!! :)

Unknown said...

Ms. Karen Davila

Unknown said...

congrats bianca!

i am an avid follower of your blog and i felt some pride on what you accomplished since i made the right choice of following you =D

keep it up and stay humble....

Mika said...

Hi Bianca! I've mentioned you in my latest blog entry: http://theladyisin.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/bloggable-blogs/

Hope you can check it out! Thanks! :D

rizza tan panican said...

congrats! :) i hope you ca also follow me on twitter so i can send you a message. :) thanks!

@floriza08

Peter said...

Hi!Bianca,First I would like to congratulate you for the first two articles featured in one of the major broadsheets in the Philippines. I am looking forward to more providential materials from you. I hope that you will also have the chance to touch-base with Senator Miriam Defensor- Santiago, since for me she is an enigma. Keep it up!and More power.

dark angel said...

dearest babybee..

to be honest, i wanna be friends with you. it all started nung mabasa ko yung blog mo. i could feel that we had so many much more in common. i love the fact too na interested ka sa diverse personality of differnt people..which was pretty good cause thats were we appreciate the beauty of individuality..

you said na naprepressure , but i think its a healthy one. healthy pressures para mahasa yung skill mo sa writing world.

more...likely i read your blog a lot than your articles...kasi whenever i read your blog , i felt a friend was sending me a letter, i felt you were speaking to me,afterall, blog mo to , so its all your own, own words.

xoxo..dark angel

*SP* said...

i hope it is miss Karen Davila ;)

Unknown said...

Hi you deserve it very intelligent girl ka talaga!



Fit and Fashion Mom

Kristine Cruz said...

hello Ate B!
just wanted to tell you how you inspire me.. and everytime i read your blogs, it makes me wanna do blogs even more. i mean, i am not even a professional blogger, but i love making blogs about just anything that inspires me. and as a practice, i made a new blog for a friend who just died last week. hope you could take a read and comment about it.. hehe. thank you and Godbless! here's the link :)

http://yeshua888.tumblr.com/

Kristine (@imaGlobalYouth)

Anonymous said...

Hi,Ms. Bianca! Congrats on being the 4th sexy morenas in showbiz! Well, I'm a fan of ang pinaka- in ch11, and woah! surprises!! you're way up there higher than the sultry and sexy, the Lovi Poe. Congratulations! Fan mo ko in all that you do and by simply being the person you are. I have no means of dropping you a msg or a dm since i don't have a twitter to my name but i read yours btw, through my sister's acct. CONGRATS!! What can I say, you're my modern hero! because you made me want to achieve more. Walang halong chos. Totoo!

PS. I love your bf too :)))

Anonymous said...

all the great adjectives in the world does not give justice to how you inspire people.

Grabe. You are the only tv personality that i religously follow.

Hindi ko na alam ang sasabihin.

Haaay.

Unknown said...

wow! the space for this article is big. It almost cover all the pages from the lifestyle section.. Great work!